Most of us were taught that we should not put off until tomorrow what we can do today.
Let's say you've got to cut the law or you have to study for a test or you have a project to complete. Probably the best thing to do is bite the bullet and get it done. You'll lower your stress level and feel a lot better once it's completed.
However, what's amazing but true is that sometimes it is best to procrastinate. For example, if you're looking to take a cruise and want to get the best cruise deals, if you want to get the cheapest cruise rates, you'll pretty much have to wait until almost until the last minute.
But the rules have changed since September 11th. The last minute is not what it used to be.
It used to be, you could get the best last minute cruise deals just by showing up on the dock and seeing if there was any space available. Now the current laws require that cruise lines submit their passenger manifest – their passenger list – at least 24 to 48 hours before they depart.
As a result, the time frame for last minute travel bargains is not what it used to be.
How To Find The Best Last Minute Cruise Fares In Today's World
Nowadays, the cruising business defines last minute cruises as cruises that will disembark anywhere from two to six months out.
- So if you want to get last minute cruise fares just plan to take a cruise inside the next half-a-year. And follow the next few tips to save a lot of money.
- If you can find repositioning cruises, grab them.
Every so often cruise shipsposition cruise by changing the areas they travel to in a specific season. Repositioning cruises are about two weeks long and dock at several ports. The catch is that the first and last ports are different.
So, before you book this cruise make sure you get a good deal on your return airline ticket.
Do not have your heart set on finding bargains during peak seasons, such as Christmas or New Year's, Thanksgiving, and Easter.
- You can check Vacations To Go Last Minute Cruises on the Internet just before major holiday seasons or during the peak hurricane season (and if you want to risk it), and you will probably find super deals.
Your Sixty Day Window Of Opportunity
- One of the best times to book is sixty days before the ship leaves the dock. You'll find the best rates on Vacations to Go Last Minute Cruises and other Internet websites at that time.
For most of the cruise lines, it's the last opportunity for passengers to cancel their reservations without paying any penalties.
When they cancel you can scoop up really cheap last minute cruises.
Read The Fine Print
Before you book any cruise, make sure to read the fine print.
- See if the price is for one or two people and if it's for double occupancy.
- Make sure you know the type of cabin that is being offered.
- See how much additional you'll have to pay for service fees, port charges and government taxes. You certainly do not want to overpay for something that only sees like a bargain on the surface.
Although last minute cruises as we once knew them are a thing of the past, you can still find fantastic offers on the Internet for memorable cruises that will allow you to get away almost in the blink of an eye and enjoy some last minute travel bargains at the same time.