A dream cruise holiday does not always have to cost the earth. If you look in the right places, you can get discount cruises to almost any destination, be it Alaska, the Caribbean, the Mediterranean, and the like.
Follow these tips and you are bound to get the best cruise deal on offer:
1. Go with cruise specialists : It's always better to look for travel agents who do only cruises instead of those who do a mix of things like booking flights, hotels, etc. Cruise booking agents are experts in their business and can let you in on the best bargains going.
2. Stay loyal : Many cruise companies offer attractive discounts to their existing customers. So, if you have previously used a cruise and have had no complaints, contact them to see if they can offer you something you can not refuse.
3. Book off-season : As for the rest of the travel industry, cruises too offer great value for money if you book off-season. For instance, hurricane season is between June-November and this is when you can find a great bargain on Hawaii cruise. Of course, for this, you need to be flexible in your travel dates.
4. Do your research well : Cruise deals are here one moment and gone the next. So, subscribe to e-mail newsletters and stay updated. Impulse buying is not advised as each cruise tour can offer you very different things. So, you need to first be sure of what you want covered in your cruise package.
5. Look online : Often, the best cruise deals are more easily available online. You can also quickly compare offers by different cruise operators and come to an informed decision.
6. Cheap last minute cruises : Often, cruise lines offer unbelievable discounts on late cruises to avoid incurring a loss on an unoccupied room. But do keep in mind that last minute cruises may be cheap but the same may not be true about flights to the port of departure.
As more people discover the joys of cruising, the number of cheap cruises, too, is increasing to accommodate each budget. So, get on board, cruising is the way to holiday!