Disney cruises are some of the best and most sought after cruises in the world. There is a reason that they call their theme park The Magic Kingdom – they really put give their guests a magical experience that they will never forget.
Unfortunately, the one thing that is not quite so magical about Disney's cruises in the price. They can often cost as much as $ 1200 per person. Luckily, there are a few ways that you can save money on one of these cruises.
1. Use a Disney Rewards Visa credit card. If you make your purchase with this card, you'll automatically receive a credit for $ 50 to spend on your cruise. Since you're going to have to pay for the trip somehow, why not get a little bonus?
2. Work with an authorized Disney travel agent. Disney's travel agents have access to special deals and discounts that are not available to other travel agents. All Season Travel is one such agency that you might try.
3. Buy online. If you book your cruise online, you can get a $ 25 credit to use on your cruise. If you go through a travel agent, you can still request that they place the final order online.
4. Book two cruises. If you book two cruises at once, you will get 10% off the second cruise. You can also receive up to $ 200 onboard credit. This is an obvious option if you're planning on taking more than one Disney cruise, but what if you're not? Find someone who is. If you can find a friend, neighbor, or relative who is also planning on taking a Disney cruise – even at a different time – you could buy your cruises together and split the bonuses.
5. Find last minute deals. Sometimes people cancel their plans, and that leaves leaves open on a cruise. Rather than leaving port with empty beds, Disney would rather sell them at a discounted rate. You might try checking sites like expedia a month or two ahead of time to see if there are any last minute deals.
6. Combine them all! For maximum savings, you should combine all these methods. That would mean waiting for a last minute deal, calling up the authorized travel agent, buying 2 cruises at once, using your Disney Rewards card, and making sure your agent places the order online. Whew!