Managing a business does not start and end with producing a sale. Entrepreneurs should learn how to keep customers constantly coming back if they aim to succeed in a very competitive marketplace. Below are 6 tips on how to increase customer loyalty:
1. Keep in touch – Customers appreciate it when you keep in touch with them now and then. You can do this by sending greeting cards during special occasions, inviting them to new product launches or sale events etc., relating to industry news that may concern them, and or chatting with them on social media to say "Hi!" It does not even have to be an elaborate gesture, just show you care.
2. Create a loyalty program – Rewarding loyal customers for purchases or referrals gives them more motivation to return to you. Beside, loyal customers and more likely to buy more, and are more keen to pay extra in some cases. When creating a loyalty program, make sure to concentrate on specific objectives-are you aiming for repeat business or maybe you want your customers to spend more? Incentive systems can be as simple as discount coupons or as grand as gifts or loyalty points.
3. Offer great customer service – Delivering excellent customer service can unduly improve relations with your customers, which can then also boost customer loyalty. Ensure customers are served promptly, staff are knowledgeable and well-trained, no late deliveries, etc. Always create positive experiences so your customers will continue to support your business.
4. Request for feedback – Asking feedback from customers is one of the easiest, most efficient ways to determine what they do want and not. Understanding and providing their needs and preferences will definitely keep customers returning to you. Aside from contacting customers directly, you can also use free online survey forms to send to them.
5. Personalize the service – No one likes being nameless or just a number. A great way to make customers happy and loyal is to personalize their experience with your business. Call them by their first names. Ask questions about their personal needs and wants, and customize your service / treatment / advice towards these requirements. Remember that customers and prospects can easily detect whether or not they're getting sincere recommendation about making a purchase.
6. Stay true to your promise – This is important in not only keeping customers loyal, but also in establishing and maintaining a solid reputation. Promising customers you can deliver service within 24-hours is great, but only when you can really fulfill it. Otherwise, customers will just be disappointed and shift to your competitor. So instead of stretching the truth to get more business, only make promises you can keep.
Studies have shown time and again that it costs more to attract new customers than to keep the current ones. Improve your customer loyalty and retention by following these practical tips above.